Logistics Manager 34837
We are currently looking to recruit a full time, permanent Logistics Manager to join our professional team at our advanced processing centre near Cambridge.
The successful candidate will manage and support the logistics team and operation ensuring legal compliance while maintaining the highest standard of Health & Safety.
• Manage the day to day logistics operator’s license ensuring the fleet is legally compliant.
• Ensure that there are clear and effective systems and processes in place to manage legal compliance.
• Management of drivers, ensuring that all drivers are fully trained and legally compliant.
• Manage and monitor driver’s hours, infringements training and CPC requirements.
• Manage servicing maintenance and replacement schedules and repairs through agreed partners.
• Manage customers hauliers and driver complaints.
• Manage FORS & TASCC accreditation.
• Aid the Logistics Director preparing and submitting various KPI reports, and recruitment of resources during peak periods.
• Assist with vehicle planning and obtaining third party work.
• Build relationships with customers farmers and external hauliers.
• Assist the Logistics Director with the management supervision, training and development of the Logistics team
• Management of Logistics Related Health and Safety
• You may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as required within your skills
• Hold an up to date CPC
• Have excellent communication skills
• Delegate and develop others
• Knowledge of Transport Legislation regarding ‘O’ licence, driving hours, Construction and Use Regulations
• Positive, organised and committed.
• Adaptable and able to deal with peaks in workload.
• Able to lead a team all year round, with seasonal workloads, while remaining calm and focused. Motivational leadership.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure whilst meeting deadlines.
• Confidence in ability to make decisions and solves problems.
• Knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook to a high standard
Hours of work are a minimum of 45 hours per week which will increase during peak periods.
Competitive remuneration package available.