Traffic Manager / Operator (Road Haulage) - Hucknall 34344
Traffic Manager / Operator (Road Haulage) - Hucknall
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity for a highly experience road haulage / freight forwarding professional to join our busy traffic office in Hucknall.
The position forms part of our continued growth plans and is definitely not to be missed.
The company’s principal activities are in UK commercial haulage operations utilising the resources of owner drivers and sub-contractors (44 tonne artics)
As a traffic manager / operator, you will be at the top of your game and have extensive experience at all levels in a fast paced commercial haulage environment.
Principle role, duties and responsibilities
- Generating and developing business activity under you own initiative.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with customers and sub-contractors.
- Day to day planning and management of commercial haulage operations.
- Quoting and negotiating rates with customers / prospective customers.
- Effective allocation of sub-contractor resources.
- Proactively solving problems and liaising between customers and sub- contractors.
- Maintaining a very high standard of administrative procedures associated with a busy traffic office.
- Delivering outstanding customer service.
- Extensive experience and clear understanding of UK commercial haulage operations.
- Proven record of generating and developing business.
- Outstanding professional commercial awareness.
- Professional confidence and dynamic ability to adapt to challenging situations.
- Excellent organisational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Good IT skills and familiarity with haulage management packages.
- Determination to achieve success and great interpersonal skills.
To be considered for this opportunity please apply online with your CV and covering letter stating why you are interested in the position.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Employer: Monarch Transport Ltd