Assistant Traffic Manager - Blackpool 33843
Assistant Traffic Manager - Blackpool
Assistant Traffic Manager
Salary £20,000 - £25,000
Supporting & Deputising for the Traffic Manager to assist in the efficient, cost effective and safe running of the Fleet of vehicles and trailers, (also sub-contractors where necessary) ensuring maximum profitability for the Company.
- Plan, co-ordinate and schedule the cost effective and safe transportation of abnormal loads in and around the UK.
- Ensure the fleet is used in the most efficient way whilst maintaining and where possible improving customer relations.
- Plan routes, schedule delivery times, and liaise with customers and suppliers.
- Arrange for escort, siting and connection services.
- Working with the workshop manager arrange vehicle maintenance and down time.
- Respond promptly to customer enquiries, providing accurate quotes in accordance with company procedures.
- Follow up on all enquiries turning them into new business where possible.
- Recording of customer complaints and accident/damages in accordance with company procedures, ensuring they are dealt with promptly and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the development and training of team of Drivers, Drivers’ mates, and siters
- Keeping accurate records of Driving Licence checks
- Expected to attend RHA seminars to keep skills and knowledge up to date.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Excellent understanding of the UK road transport system, together with UK and EU law, affecting the transportation of abnormal loads.
- Extensive knowledge of HGV driver management, including tachograph laws.
- Excellent geographical knowledge
- Computer literate, with excellent and in depth knowledge of Travel Manager Software.
- Good communication skills.
- Experienced in producing accurate and legible data.
- Holding C/C+E license/drivers card and Drivers CPC would be advantageous.
Due to the nature of the industry there may be a requirement for you to work ‘out of hours’ which may include evenings and weekends, subject to breakdowns and the needs of the business.
Employer: Hi-Line Transport Ltd