National Freight Manager 15/262
National Freight Manager
National Freight Manager
Based Manchester, Ipswich or Heathrow
c £70k to £80k pa + car, bonus & benefits
A key division of a truly global corporation (9500 people across 60 countries worldwide, our client operates at the pinnacle of their industry and is a brand synonymous with quality, integrity, professionalism and creativity. With immense strength and diversity, they are a full cradle to grave freight services provider via air, sea and land to a broad range of truly blue chip organisations.
These are exciting times for the organisation who continue to flex and respond to market conditions and there are now exciting opportunities which must be exploited. As such, we see to appoint a high calibre National Freight Manager to drive ongoing improvements.
- Outstanding opportunity to lead a significant change agenda in this new high profile position.
- You will manage all day to day activities (air/sea freight) on a National basis across 3 key UK branch facilities (Manchester, Ipswich and Heathrow).
- You will lead operational activities including Freight management (air and sea), import & export, warehousing, logistics, sales, business development and administration whilst ensuring the delivery of outstanding customer service at all times.
- Develop a strategy for Air and Sea Freight business on an ongoing basis, including the introduction of new products to maximise revenue.
- Responsible for achieving growth, revenue and margin targets for the branch network.
- Setting out a clean plan for improving and controlling all operational procedures and negotiating contracts and service agreements with airlines, vessels, hauliers, ocean carriers, shipping partners etc.
- Drive people engagement together with a heavy focus on training and development and to ensure a high performing best practice culture.
- Of graduate calibre, you will have an outstanding track record in freight forwarding management (either sea and/or air) within a dynamic best in class organisation.
- As such, your background is likely to be either operational and/or commercial, where you will have operated in either General Management, Branch Management or Sales Management positions.
- Alternatively, you may also have a shipping line/carrier background where you will have strong knowledge of the entire supply chain.
- Resilient and credible, you will set standards and be a forward thinking character who will enable the business to reach new heights of excellence.
This is a superb opportunity to be involved in genuinely influencing the shape and size of the company and importantly, you will relish the opportunity to develop your career in a market leading organisation where outstanding opportunities exist for high class performers.
Interested? Please reply with full CV and current salary details using the link below
Employer: Evans Taylor